Sunday, January 30, 2011

Foggy Day

This morning I got dressed and looked outside. This is what I couldn't see saw:

A whole lot of fog.

Little did I know that the rest of my day would be clouded over by little patches of fog here and there- but not just physical fog, the mental fog as well.

I found myself beaten down by stress and worry. I tend to do that a lot... and I'm really tired of it. But no matter how irrational I know the things I worry or stress about are, I just can't seem to talk myself out of it.
In search of relief I went to the scriptures. In Sunday School we learned about the temptations Christ went through while he lived on the earth. In every instance he referred to The Word of God, so I decided to pop those scriptures open and see if I could find something to calm me down. I searched. I earnestly looked for something. I didn't find it. While I know that the scriptures hold many truths and comforting power, I find it difficult sometimes to pull stuff out of them to help me. I think it's just something I need to work on, but meanwhile, I decided to turn to a different source.

I decided to dig deep down into the archives of NieNie's blog, way back to the time when she had just come out of coma from the accident. For those of you who aren't familiar with Stephanie Nielson, she is an LDS woman who, on August 16, 2008 got in a near-fatal plane accident in which she received burns on more than 80% of her body. A most inspiring woman.
So I began to read and I couldn't stop. Her faith and determination brought tears to my eyes as I thought of how selfish I had been today. How I had freaked out because I hadn't saved a paper that I started to write and it got lost, when-despite the little troubles (like perhaps a lost paper) NieNie blogs about being thankful that she could move her arm without as much pain that day. Her words were humbling, but most importantly, they brought me comfort and consolation in a time when I needed it.

The Word of God comes in many forms. Today, it was in the words of Stephanie Nielson, a complete stranger who inspires me every day to have faith and keep going. I keep focusing on the things that I can't see, the things that the fog blocks from my view. I've learned that the things I can see are the things that will keep me going. I just need to look for those things.

Tomorrow is a new day. And I don't think it'll be so foggy.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you came around. Sometimes I get frustrated with the way I feel my life is directing itself and then I flip open the scriptures (usually to the stories about Alma the Younger) and I remember that I'm the one directing my life. I'm the one who has to make the decisions that make me happy.

    Btw, I believe NieNie was in her accident in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testosterone is the male hormone in charge of sexual want, effective erections and even makes your muscles broaden each day.

    https://bit.ly/2GYeRIJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair Juice Accelerator is a biotin based supplement that also includes another 10 active ingredients that will help you to grow your hair.
    https://bit.ly/2Qb157x

    ReplyDelete