Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Acetawhaddawhat?? I'll just stick with some Tylenol please.

Tomorrow I take the PTCE (Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination.) No biggie, just a national test that decides my fate as a pharmacy technician.
Okay. So I'm a little worried.
In any case, I've spent the past six months of my life getting ready for this thing- be it driving up to the dreaded DATC five days a week for 4 months, getting to learn the ins and outs of the pharmacy at Primary Children's for a month, or the two months in between there somewhere that I pushed my memorizing abilities far beyond capacity as I memorized the brand name, generic names, classes, dosage forms, and doses of the top 200 drugs in medicine. I think I've done my part.
Now I just sleep and wake up tomorrow hoping my brain is ready to cooperate by the time it comes to take my test. Maybe I'll dream about Zack, a miserable man running in to the local diner for a surprise attack on the unsuspecting customers (My mnemonic for BN: Zantac GN: Ranitidine.) Or perhaps I'll dream instead about Dean. A clumsy man who falls in the proximity of the security camera, making the security personnel on the other end chuckle to themselves, as he regains composure (My mnemonic for BN: Feldene GN: Piroxicam.) It seems a little silly, but in a lot of ways, I hope this happens. The longer I think about these drugs, the more likely they are to stick... even if it comes down to dreaming about them.
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to do the same thing when I took that test... Ten ore men something something something... BN: Tenormin GN: atenolol. Kind of lame you have to memorize some of the super old brand names that no one uses anymore... except the old people. They'll never give up their crazy old brand names.

    ReplyDelete