Monday, March 14, 2011

A Ballet

This weekend we got to see Lanna perform in the Creative Arts Academy's production of Romeo and Juliet. 
 
 
It was so much fun! I haven't seen her dance in awhile and she has really improved. 
 
If you count down the line of girls in the top picture from left to right, Lanna is the tenth one.
 Lanna started dance when I began taking ballet and jazz at Creative Arts a couple years ago. I would drive her there with me and we'd finish up at about the same time so it worked out nicely.
I remember her first day of ballet (hahaha I still laugh thinking about it!): I took her up to the studio where her class was and took her to her teacher who then introduced her to the class. I watched for a minute as they began to warm up with plies on the bar. As a looked down the line of tiny legs and skinny bums bobbing up and down to the music, I found Lanna. She was facing the opposite direction from the rest of the class and standing bow-legged as she beamed at her teacher. She was certainly awkward for that first little while but has definitely turned in to a beautiful little ballerina!


Keep it up beautiful girl, you'll go far!

Also, Jenny got to spend the weekend with us while Aaron made the long trip to Omaha so he could start work this week. She needed to grab some stuff at her house in Ogden so she, Jamie and I decided to make a sister trip and grab some lunch while we were out!

My cute sisters at Cafe Rio. Love them!  
Chloe with an attractive bean mustache. 
Jason loves Cafe Rio quesadillas!!
Jen also treated us to some yummmy ice cream at the Farr's Ice Cream Bar. If you're ever in Ogden for some reason, PLEASE go here! You will not regret it! How could you with a nice selection of frozen yogurt, custard, or ice cream with a million different topping selections? Yum!

Jason is an awesome big brother. They were such good kids while we were out.
Hahahaha I just had to add this! Chloe was on a MAJOR sugar high after all her ice cream! She was bouncing up and down and from side to side and making all this funny expressions. The pictures don't quite do it justice :)
Left: Jamie's (Lemon and Vanilla custard with strawberry boba and white chocolate chips), Middle: Mine (Mint chocolate ice cream with coconut flakes, heath bits, cookie dough, and caramel chips!!), Right, Jenny's (Huckleberry frozen yogur [I think?? Anyway it was a berry flavor] with blackberries, coconut flakes and walnuts)
Thanks again Jen for taking us out!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad I missed Lanna's dance! But she looks like such a grown-up girl in her costume it almost breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Thanks for documenting the night Angie!

    ReplyDelete