Friday, July 22, 2011

Make Believe

As I was getting packed an ready to go for a road trip to Moab this weekend, this caught my eye:


Lanna came to play yesterday and I remember watching her strategically place each of my mom's little animals on our fireplace mantle as she muttered something about a zombie firefighter. I watched her giggle as she created different voices for each of the characters in her made-up story and I watched her eyes light up when a new idea came to her.

It wasn't until now that I matched the placement of these little toys, to what must be going on in that child's mind. And then something clicked and pretty soon I was understanding the little story that she created.

The evil zombie firefighter was about to strike again! But this time, on a defenseless baby panda bear. Something had to be done, so the bigger stronger animals (Black Bear, Polar Bear, White Tiger, and Mountain Lion) began to circle the zombie firefighter, creating a temporary shield to buy time for the animals to come together and figure out what to do.

Tiger, the king of all beasts, took control and rallied the troops to save baby panda and get rid of the zombie firefighter once and for all!
*Animals gathering according to size - Giraffe leads the way and the others bravely follow.*

And just like that, I was using my imagination again like I used to so often when I was little. It made me smile- I still have it in me, I can still make believe!

1 comment: