Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Married Life

I'm married! Yes blogger world I took the plunge and am fully immersed in while life is like as a non-dependent person sharing a life with someone totally new. Needless to say, I love it. I love the new things I learn every day, I love mowing MY lawn, I love making dinner for my husband, and I love having someone to be with at the end of every day. SO much has happened in these past 4 months. My life has completely changed for the better and I'm even more excited about our future now that the wedding day is just a happy day to look back on rather than a day I still need to plan.

While I could spend a billion hours trying to write out everything that's happened over the past little while, I think I'll just list some of the major things and let the pictures do most of the talking :)

First off, I've learned a lot of things being married:
#1. I can cook... given these conditions:
  • I go to the store at least once for an ingredient I don't already have
  • I use just about every dish in my cupboards 
  • I call my Mom, just to make sure I'm making it right
  • We have a few or 10 friends over to help us eat whatever I make- I'd like to thank my mother for teaching me how to feed an army :) 

This WAS a gorgeous s'mores cake Trevor and I made for one of his work parties. They had a contest to see who could make the best dessert and when Trevor heard there would be prizes, we were all in! All in that is, except for the part when we decided to start making a cake that normally takes about 4 hours to make, 2 hours before the party started. This death-by-deliciousness cake had somewhere around 8 layers to it: 2 layers of brownie sheets, 2 layers of chocolate chip cookie sheets, marshmallow cream layers, and 2 layers of New York cheesecake...We finished JUST in time, but Trevor wouldn't let me take a picture of it- "We don't have enough time! You can take one when we get there!" Before judging, I added up the numbers and it turns out Trevor and I spent about $45.00 on this cake (for all the supplies), the prize better be good. In fact, Trevor's work has been known to give out some pretty awesome prizes like iPads, cameras, televisions... We were confident that we would be going home with a new iPad at least! When it came time to announce the winners, 3rd place was announced to have won $15.00. Wait. What?? Daaaaaang. In the end, Trevor and I went home with 2nd place and $30 in our pocket. We were beat out by a delicious strawberry trifle who only won $15 more than us. We got home, cake gone, $15 less than we started the day off with, and only this picture to show for it. It made for a good laugh and definitely a good story :)


#2. I HATE moving. What. A. Pain. Only 3 weeks into marriage and Trevor and I were out of this itty bitty apartment and into a better place. TOTALLY worth the move, but we couldn't believe how much stuff we already had... It's crazy how it all builds up. A special thanks to all our friends and family who helped! *Thanks guys!!
Cleaning out our kitchen :) Glad we got to experience this place for a little while.
#3. We're weirdos. I knew we were before we got married, but little did I know what marriage would do to us. I love it :)
Soo mostly I'm the weirdo. But it's good to know that someone will love me no matter how ugly you can make your face look!
#4. You can still have friends and be married. Hooly man I don't know what I would do without these girls.

#5. (And most important thing I've learned) I married the right guy. And boy is he talented. I love discovering all the different things he can do each day like the random things he knows how to fix, how he knows how to get different places...

He is an AWESOME D.J. He can make any group of people get up and dance anywhere from a group of high school robotics nerds to a sophisticated wedding party. I love that about him

 He paints my nails :) Just discovered this one the other day!


He's awesome with kids! Our primary kids think he's the greatest person alive. Not to mention our nieces and nephews love him to death. He's going to make an awesome daddy someday.
Trevor with our new baby nephew Adam!
He surprises me on my birthday with a hot air balloon ride! Can you say, EPIC?? Amazingest things ever in the whole world. I'm telling you, marry a man who will help you knock something like this off your bucket list. So awesome- and who better to share it with than your very best friend!


This man is a STUDD. He makes me fall more and more in love with him each day. I can't even help it.

Who said married life wasn't fun? It's been the best time of my life :) Can't wait to post more about our fun summer adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment