Thursday, May 19, 2011

May Flowers and Showers

I. Love. Rain.

There is nothing better than waking up to the smell of trees, grass, and flowers that have been soaking all night in pouring rain. It's such a spring feeling- fresh and clean.

As I was walking around campus today, I couldn't help but notice how gorgeous Salt Lake looks during the rain. The colors pop and all the green makes it seem like we live in a place like Oregon or someplace else completely opposite from our Utah desert.
Dad's log he found the other day. Look at how orange it is- no editing necessary! I think it kinda looks like a sweet potato
Charlie and I took a trip outside and found our little deer friends snacking on the tree's new buds. Hopefully our flowers will be able to bloom before those get eaten too...




The baby deer's antlers are starting to come in! 
 ***************

On a side note, Jamie and I got hair feathers!! It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but I got a solid teal, solid pink, black and white striped, and black and yellow striped!

I love them! They're so fun and way easy to maintain. You wash them in your hair, you can blow dry them, curl them straighten them. Pretty much anything you can do with hair, you can do with these.

See Jamie's here.
 

2 comments:

  1. It does look like a sweet potato! Now I want one... I love the deer babies too. That back hill looks so gorgeous when it's completely drenched.

    And I love my featherlocks. I love your featherlocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing how orange that tree is in the middle. Wonder what makes it that color or if it's just the type of tree. probably the later, huh? Love your hair feathers too! FUN :)

    ReplyDelete